How do I register a small scale business in Uganda?
Steps to Register a Company in Uganda.
- Search for Business Name.
- Reserve the Business Name.
- Obtain Certificate of Incorporation.
- Obtain an Investment License.
- Obtain a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- Obtain a Trading License.
- Register with National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- Make a Company Seal.
How much is a business license in Uganda?
The founder must pay the relevant license fee at the bank, as follows: Opening office: UGX 156,500. Carrying out retail Uganda business: UGX 206,500. Carrying out wholesale Uganda business: UGX 366,500.
What is the process of business registration?
How to Register a Business
- Choose business structure. The first step is to decide on a business structure. …
- Find a location. …
- Register your business name. …
- Register with the IRS. …
- Register with state and local agencies. …
- Apply for licenses and permits.
What documents are needed to register a company?
The following supporting documents are required: o Certified identity copy of applicant; o Certified copies of the Identity Documents or passport of the Directors and Incorporators; o The name confirmation certificate (COR9.
How do I register my small business?
Four major steps to register a company/ startup in India:
- Step 1: Acquire Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
- Step 2: Acquire Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Step 3: Create an account on MCA portal- New user registration @ mca.gov.in.
- Step 4: Incorporate or Apply for the company to be registered.
Can business registration be done online?
The registration can be effected online or by submitting the required documents at the office of the Registrar of Companies. Such other information or particulars as may be required in the application form. The fee to be paid depends on the workforce at the time of registration.
How much money do I need to register a company?
The cost of registration of a sole proprietor company is nearly Rs 2,500 while that of a partnership firm is nearly Rs 5,000. If you incorporate a private (LLP or LLC) company with a minimum authorised capital of Rs 1,00,000, the registration will cost you Rs 7,000.
How do I register a sole proprietorship business in Uganda?
To become a legal sole-proprietor in Uganda, you need to register with the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) to obtain a formal trade name and Tax Identification Number, which are used for recognizing a legal entity.
What business can I start with small capital in Uganda?
Our list includes the following:
- #1. Gardening business. Gardening is a low-cost home business any Ugandan can afford. …
- #2. Hairdressing business. Hairdressing is a profitable low-cost home business in Uganda. …
- #3. Fish farming. …
- #4. Chicken rearing. …
- #5. Winemaking. …
- #6. Professional services. …
- #7. Blogging. …
- #8. Making crafts.
Which business is profitable in Uganda?
Dairy farming is a lucrative business in Uganda due to the high demand for dairy products. Therefore start your dairy farming business with cows as well as goats and sell the milk.
How much is work permit in Uganda?
The government has brought down work permit fees for some investors and increased citizenship fees for people seeking to stay in the country. The work permit fees have been reduced to $400 (Shs1. 5m) per year, from $2,500 (Shs9. 2m).
What is a business structure for a small business?
According to the IRS, there are five business structures to choose from: Sole proprietorship. Partnership (general, limited, or limited liability partnerships) Limited Liability Company (single-member or multi-member LLC) Corporation.